Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Satan is a Liar!

You know, my husband Tim and I are not the type of people who stand on street corners with signs shouting at people to make them come to our viewpoints on spiritual matters.  We aren't confrontational people by nature, and while we are not endorsing peace at all costs (there are certainly times one needs to speak truth and stand by convictions), we certainly prefer a low key approach as opposed to a fire and brimstone one.  So, for me to use an exclamation point in the title of the post, I must really mean it.

This morning, my hubby, said something to the effect of: "You know why Satan wants to destroy marriages?  He not only wants to break up the family, corrode the foundations of society, and hurt the husband and the wife, he does it because he knows that marriage is supposed to represent our relationship to God, and that by working to break up marriages, he wants people to think that marriage can't last, that our relationship to God isn't permanent."  (Nothing can separate us from God's love, Romans 8:38-39).    

While I know that my man is a deep thinker, I was really impressed not only by the way he ended his thought, but also by the next thing he said in a matter-of-fact tone and final concluding phrase "Satan's a liar."

Just like that, something I have known my whole life was said in such a way as to really hit me with truth.  For instance, when I doubt my true abilities, Satan is a liar.  When I feel defeated, Satan is a liar.  When relationships look hopeless, Satan is a liar.

In what ways do you need to realize this truth and challenge the thoughts that are not the truth of God for your life?  In your family, in your relationships, in your work, in your parenting, in your marriage, in your self-esteem....if it isn't of God, remember: Satan is a liar.

Blessings,
Marriage Gal Michelle and Marriage Guy Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment