If this is you, don't lose heart!
The key to true change is found in the following five simple steps:
- Give it to the Lord- Trying to do it all in your own strength is tiring!
- Decide on the Smallest Change that You Can Make That Will Make the Most Impact-
For instance, if you want to lose weight and be more financially stable, perhaps the biggest impact can come from the simple change of stopping eating out, or the simple change of learning to do meal planning, or the simple change of learning to cook some frugal and healthy meals at home. Whatever you decide, remember KISS--Keep It Simple Special-One.
- Decide on a Specific Goal, and Write It Down.- Do you want to end up with $500.00 in savings by the end of the year? Do you want to lose ten pounds by Thanksgiving? Decide on when you will check to see if you made your goal. Then, write it down. Goals are more likely to be met when they are in writing; it focuses your attention and reinforces your focus.
- Do the Next Right Thing- We are each human, so it is likely that there will be glitches along the way to your goal. Re-evaluate, tweak your plan if needed, but do not give up. Simply do the next right thing, and make the next right choice.
- Keep Moving Forward- As you attain your first goal, keep up your momentum. Celebrate your success, and decide on where you would like to go from there. It is not impossible to make big changes with simple and easy steps.